Digital Cinema is a long sought after goal of the Audio Visual community, replacing complicated film based technology with digital projectors and PC based media serving for 2D mono and 3D stereo films, increasing the image quality and decreasing costs.
Delta has now been successfully running within large format Domes since 2006, and as part of our new Intensity3D concept, it is possible to offer encrypted movie playback from Delta matched to a stacked projector display system for the required high brightness and fidelity, integrated as a single coherent Digital Movie source.
Digital cinema projectors are clearly high end, and often have special requirements such as working in an XYZ colour space or a need for external distortion correction for curved screens. Delta has been optimised specifically for this role.
Digital Cinema Features
Delta incorporates many benefits for digital cinema:
- Uncompressed 4:4:4 RGB playback
- HD, 2k, 4k and beyond movie resolutions
- Movie Encryption (venue or time based limits)
- Flat, Curved screen or Full Dome modes
- Passive & Active Stereo 3D modes
- High Bit Depth video (10 or 12 bit dual input modes,side by side or pixel interleaved)
- RGB or XYZ native output colour space
- Patent Applied For technique for movie protection also increases stacked projector image quality
- Automatic Ingest of standard MXF show files
- Intensity3D advanced processing
Reccent Digital Cinema Projects
Check out some of the most recent Digital Cinema projects we have worked on. Simply click on a link and you will be taken to that item's news page where you can find out more about how Delta can meet the needs of digital cinema.
Download Market NoteDownloads
You can download all the 7thSense Market notes in one convenient Zip file or download them singly by visiting the downloads page.